Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Doomed: In Which I Explain My Possible Demise, or, Why The Author Is Screwed

So, I'm back to writing... at least for now. And I now have a beta =D ... For now. For as long as possible, I'm going to be putting up new material and hopefully expanding already established stories. However, if I disappear with no explanation, assume that I have hurt my arm/wrist and can't type. How do I know this, you ask? Let's review the evidence.

I wrote more bits to the story behind Cloud Shapes, and one of them had Danny hurt his knee. "As he saw his knee, he bit his lip. It was red and swollen. He wasn’t sure if he would be able to bend it." The bit was followed by what is now the second chapter of Cloud Shapes. Three days after I posted it, I bashed my leg so hard, I thought I had broken it, just below the knee. I had issues walking and I still have a numb spot on my leg from it.

Then, today, I was rereading a part, "He yelped as he was slammed back into the wall...  Now Danny felt something – it felt like a rib – crack." On Monday, during stage combat, my partner incorrectly performed a move and ended up really throwing me into a wall. My ribs are now bruised.

Now, you are wondering what I think is going to happen next? Something with my arm/wrist. Why? Three sentences after the cracked rib: "With a single twist, Danny’s forearm snapped." ... Well, crap. Danny is getting me back for being cruel to him. I will watch my arms very carefully for sprains and twists now. Hopefully, though, nothing will happen, and I'll be able to continue writing.

Knock on wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment