Saturday, December 8, 2012

Delays

Sorry! In Acting class, I hurt my finger (parents think dislocated, friends think jammed). It is crazy how much you use the middle finger of your right hand for. I can't straighten it or bend it all the way and it's stiff and bruised. It takes forever to type. It's a freakin' sausage! Luckily, it won't impact the story immediately, as I sent the next chapter(maybe two, depending on if I split it) to my beta already, knowing that next week is Finals Week. It will just take longer to write the chapter after that.

I'm considering posting excerpts of the chapters coming up on here, depending on the comments I get on here or the constant supply of reviews. I've gotten almost twenty reviews in the space of a week, so here you go:
The voice came from behind Danny, deep and ageless, and the teen spun around. Across the room, a ghost floated, old and hunched. He held a staff in one hand and had some sort of clock around his neck. Danny swallowed and eyed the ghost. Was this Clockwork? It would make sense. Who else could it be? Danny hadn’t heard anyone come in through the large door and, from the outside, it didn’t look like there was another way into the tower. The other ghost floated closer and Danny fought the urge to take a step back, sudden nervousness welling up inside him. What if Clockwork refused? The ghost passed Danny and Danny stood facing the opposite direction for a second, gathering up his determination, before facing the other ghost.
The other ghost that was no longer there. In the old ghost’s place hovered a tall, strong-looking ghost. It had the same hood, medallion, and staff, but stood straighter and unwrinkled. It stared apathetically at Danny, who was looking for words.
“Where– Who–?“ Danny started, but was cut off.
“Who am I?” This ghost had the same voice as the other one, steady and knowing. “I am Clockwork, the ghost of Time.”

I hope you liked it ;) This is an experiment, so if I don't get any feedback, I won't do it again. I have it so that anyone can comment =] Thanks for everyone's support!

No comments:

Post a Comment